Venue Tech Solution Specialist
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Nationwide /Remote
- Reporting into: Head of Technology Operations
- Salary: £40,000 FTE
PTI are looking for an ambitious Venue Tech Product Specialist. PTI’s rapid growth has opened up an opportunity for an experienced individual to play a key role in the design & build of the technologies that are increasingly appreciated as underpinning not only physical access to stadia and arenas, but also to the fan’s event day experience. If you love sport, love live entertainment, and love technology, we want you in this role!
PTI is a digital transformation consultancy which specialises in driving smart, scalable and sustainable revenues for the Sports and Entertainment industries through a holistic digital-led commercial vision.
Our approach combines the revolutionary vision of our Digital Transformation Pyramid with an evolutionary approach. Many of us have worked client-side and understand the realities of the day-to-day pressures so we recognise that whilst the endgame is genuinely transformational, we need to move at their pace.
Our clients have all started their journey with us on different parts of the pyramid but placing short term needs into the context of a broader long-term roadmap enables discussions about “cost” to become discussions about “investment”. Whereas many rush into the “what?” PTI always start with “Why?”
Current PTI Clients include: OakView Group, London Stadium, NEC Group, Edgbaston Stadium, Bristol Sport & Ashton Gate Stadium, Norwich City FC, Wasps & CBS Arena, Bath Rugby, UK Pro League Tennis, Lancashire Cricket and Surrey CCC with many more in the pipeline.
We have an agile, fast growing digital-age business, with an ever-expanding client base. Our client work fits the same bill: we are building digital-first 365/24 commercial models built on wide-reaching engagement strategies, a smart digital and data ecosystem and a creative approach to commercialising their audiences all year-round.
- An ability to work across multiple clients and multiple technology stacks to support their needs
- Passionate about the role that data and digital transformation can play in the entertainment and arenas verticals
- Able to understand the context of the world in which PTI operates within the arenas and entertainment verticals
- Excited by the size of the opportunity to grow internally and embrace the fail fast, learn fast innovation culture of the business
- Ability to build relationships internally, with external stakeholders and with vendors and technology partners
- Demonstrable experience in utilising product expertise to design /implement venue technology solutions
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal
- High attention to detail and capacity to give and receive constructive feedback
Objectives of the Role
- To facilitate PTI’s aim to grow the capacity and capability to design, implement & support, either directly or via partners /resellers, key venue technology solutions & platforms
- Be the subject matter expert on a number of key venue technologies that are part of PTI’s product catalogue e.g.
- Wi-Fi survey & design
- Wi-Fi products & solutions
- Network products & solutions
- Captive portal solutions
- Be a skilled resource on key venue technologies that will be delivered by partners e.g.
- Access control
- DAS /cellular
- Provide expertise and work with vendors and technology partners to design technology solutions to meet client requirements and align with technology & business strategy
- Engage with key vendors, maximising the available design & build resources to obtain the best value outcomes for clients
- Be part of the installation & 3rd-line support process for solutions that PTI implement
- Liaise with vendors, partners & resellers as appropriate to support the implementation & support for partner /reseller-installed solutions
- Enhancing the PTI brand, image, reputation, and profile
- At least three years’ experience in the arenas and entertainment verticals is a pre-requisite
- Proven analytical and strategic, problem solving and critical thinking skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to rapidly advance technical capabilities through formal and on-the-job learning to support PTI’s strategic aims as a trusted and specialist technology provider
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new concepts and systems
- Innovative and creative thinker able to approach complicated situations in a simple manner
- Confident communication and presentation skills when speaking with all levels
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally
- Full clean driving licence
- 20 days holiday
- 3% Employer Pension Contribution
- Flexible working /working from home
- Opportunities to attend match days
- Professional Body of Sports Leadership membership (PBSL)