Lead Technology Consultant
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Bristol / Nationwide
- Reporting into: Head of Venue Tech
- Salary: £60,000-£80,000
PTI Digital are looking for an ambitious Lead Technology Consultant to help drive the rapid growth of our Venue Tech division. If you love sport, love live entertainment and love the challenge of helping our clients on a digital-led business transformation journey we want you in our team!
PTI is a digital transformation consultancy which specialises in driving smart, scalable and sustainable revenues for the Sports and Entertainment industries through a holistic digital-led commercial vision.
Our approach combines the revolutionary vision of our Digital Transformation Pyramid with an evolutionary approach. Many of us have worked client-side and understand the realities of the day-to-day pressures so we recognise that whilst the endgame is genuinely transformational, we need to move at their pace.
Our clients have all started their journey with us on different parts of the pyramid but placing short term needs into the context of a broader long-term roadmap enables discussions about “cost” to become discussions about “investment”. Whereas many rush into the “what?” PTI always start with “Why?”
Current PTI Clients include: Oak View Group, London Stadium, Premiership Rugby, Edgbaston Stadium, Bristol Sport & Ashton Gate Stadium, CBS Arena, Everton, Lancashire Cricket and Surrey CCC with many more in the pipeline.
We have an agile, fast growing digital-age business, with an ever-expanding client base. Our client work fits the same bill: we are building digital-first 365/24 commercial models built on wide-reaching engagement strategies, a smart digital and data ecosystem and a creative approach to commercialising their audiences all year-round.
- A native technology mindset with the ability to work across multiple clients and multiple technology stacks to support their needs
- Strategic mindset, able to understand the PTI growth strategy
- Proactive planner, prepared to take responsibility, confident in managing upwards and prepared to challenge
- Passionate about the role that technology transformation can play in the sports and entertainment world
- Interested in the sports business industry, able to understand the context of the world in which PTI operates
- Excited by the size of the opportunity to grow internally and embrace the fail fast, learn fast innovation culture of the business
- Ability to work individually where required with excellent communication skills to collaborate with the team via remote working
- Ability to build relationships internally and with external stakeholders
- Experience managing a small team including leading projects and ad-hoc working groups
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal
- Demonstrable ability to write high value documents
- Experience in product and solution expertise, in particular in a sports or entertainment setting, to design /implement /manage the deployment of venue technology solutions
- High attention to detail and capacity to give and receive constructive feedback
Objectives of the Role
- Lead in the development of the technology maturity modelling for application across the PTI client base, driving client roadmaps from this starting base
- Develop and execute the solutions to improve the technology performance of PTI clients
- Develop business modelling and financial forecasts for PTI clients relating to technology strategy
- Where necessary, act as a CTO / Head of Technology for clients on ad hoc or extended periods based on client needs
- Support the Head of Venue Tech in prospect meetings through information gathering e.g. client needs, client goals and align to PTI offerings
- Attend and support the initial client discovery meetings to help identify the current technology ‘as is’ status and deliver the key findings
- Help manage the requirements assessment and initial write up of RFP’s for key PTI clients in relation to their technology strategies
- Manage, with the support of the Head of Venue Tech, the key technology tender processes for PTI clients. This includes the management of and organising of key client stakeholders and the vendors involved in the process
- Deliver audits, strategy documents and roadmaps for PTI clients – taking ownership of particular clients or areas of a client’s delivery
- Pro-actively research key technology trends in the sports and entertainment verticals (and also other verticals that could cross over)
- Be the subject matter expert on a number of key venue technologies that are part of PTI’s product catalogue e.g.
- Wi-Fi survey & design
- Wi-Fi products & solutions
- Network products & solutions
- Captive portal solutions
- Internet backhaul /connectivity solutions
- Be a skilled resource on key venue technologies that will be delivered by partners e.g.
- Access control
- DAS /cellular
- Provide expertise and work with vendors and technology partners to design technology solutions to meet client requirements and align with technology & business strategy
- Engage with key vendors, maximising the available design & build resources to obtain the best value outcomes for clients
- Liaise with vendors, partners & resellers as appropriate to support the implementation & support for partner /reseller-installed solutions
- Enhancing the PTI brand, image reputation and profile
Future of the Role
The role has significant growth potential, domestically and internationally, supporting the growth of the company.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in the Sports and Entertainment verticals, or a related field, is a pre-requisite
- Proven analytical and strategic, problem solving and critical thinking skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate proven results in driving technological advancement through strategy implementation
- The ability to analyse technology performance trends and patterns to keep driving clients towards their success targets / KPIs
- The ability to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations to report against such KPIs for technology
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new concepts and systems
- Innovative and creative thinker able to approach complicated situations in a simple manner
- Confident communication and presentation skills when speaking with all levels
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally
- Full clean driving licence
- 25 days holiday
- Phone allowance
- Opportunities to attend match days