Head of Data & Digital
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Bristol / London / Nationwide / International
- Reporting into: Data and Digital Directors (Sports and Entertainment)
- Salary: £50,000 FTE
PTI Digital are looking for an ambitious Head of Data and Digital to manage the ever expanding Data and Digital teams on a strategic and tactical level supporting our current and future clients. If you love sport, love live entertainment and love the challenge of helping our clients on a digital-led business transformation journey we want you in our team!
PTI is a digital transformation consultancy which specialises in driving smart, scalable and sustainable revenues for the Sports and Entertainment industries through a holistic digital-led commercial vision.
Our approach combines the revolutionary vision of our Digital Transformation Pyramid with an evolutionary approach. Many of us have worked client-side and understand the realities of the day-to-day pressures so we recognise that whilst the endgame is genuinely transformational, we need to move at their pace.
Our clients have all started their journey with us on different parts of the pyramid but placing short term needs into the context of a broader long-term roadmap enables discussions about “cost” to become discussions about “investment”. Whereas many rush into the “what?” PTI always start with “Why?”
Current PTI Clients include: OakView Group, London Stadium, NEC Group, Edgbaston Stadium, Bristol Sport & Ashton Gate Stadium, Norwich City FC, Wasps & CBS Arena, Bath Rugby, UK Pro League Tennis, Lancashire Cricket and Surrey CCC with many more in the pipeline.
We have an agile, fast growing digital-age business, with an ever-expanding client base. Our client work fits the same bill: we are building digital-first 365/24 commercial models built on wide-reaching engagement strategies, a smart digital and data ecosystem and a creative approach to commercialising their audiences all year-round.
- A native data and digital mindset with the ability to work across multiple clients and multiple technology stacks to support their needs
- Strategic mindset, able to understand the PTI growth strategy
- Proactive planner, prepared to take responsibility, confident in managing upwards and prepared to challenge
- Passionate about the role that data and digital transformation can play in the sports and entertainment world
- Proven project management skillset and ability help develop the skills of the data and digital team in this area
- Interested in the sports and entertainment business verticals, able to understand the context of the world in which PTI operates
- Excited by the size of the opportunity to grow internally and embrace the fail fast, learn fast innovation culture of the business
- Ability to work individually where required with excellent communication skills to collaborate with the team via remote working
- Ability to build relationships internally and with external stakeholders
- Experience managing a small / medium sized team including leading projects and ad-hoc working groups
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to write high value documents with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail and capacity to give and receive constructive feedback
Objectives of the Role
- Lead in the continuous development, working with the data analyst, of the data, digital, commercial and venue tech maturity models for application across the PTI client base
- Develop and execute the reporting solutions to monitor the improved data and digital performance of PTI clients
- Develop business modelling and financial forecasts for PTI clients relating to data and digital strategies
- Support the Chief Data and Digital Officer and Arena and Sports Directors in prospect meetings through information gathering e.g. client needs, client goals and align to PTI offerings
- Attend and support the initial client discovery meetings to help identify the current digital and data ‘as is’ status and deliver the key findings
- Help manage the requirements assessment and initial write up of RFP’s for key PTI clients in relation to their digital and data strategies
- Manage, the key data and digital tender processes for PTI clients. This includes the management of and organising of key client stakeholders and the vendors involved in the process
- Deliver audits, strategy documents and roadmaps for PTI clients – taking ownership of particular clients or areas of a client’s delivery
- Effectively line manage the Data and Digital team members, including lead consultants, data analysts and the digital delivery team
- Pro-actively research key data trends in the sports and entertainment verticals (and also other verticals that could cross over)
- Enhancing the PTI brand, image reputation and profile
Future of the Role
The role has significant growth potential, domestically and internationally, supporting the growth of the company.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in the Sports and Entertainment verticals, or a related field, is a pre-requisite
- Proven analytical and strategic, problem solving and critical thinking skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- The ability to analyse, model and interpret large data sets
- Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques
- The ability to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations
- Ability to analyse existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new concepts and systems
- Innovative and creative thinker able to approach complicated situations in a simple manner
- Confident communication and presentation skills when speaking with all levels
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally
- Full clean driving licence
- 20 days holiday
- 3% Employer Pension Contribution
- Phone allowance
- Flexible working/working from home
- Opportunities to attend match days
- Opportunities to travel internationally
- Professional Body of Sports Leadership membership (PBSL)