Data & Insight Analyst
- Location: Remote and Client Sites as required
- Job Type: Full Time
- Reporting into: Lead Data & Digital Consultant
- Salary: Up to £35,000 FTE
PTI is a strategy and technology consultancy that helps sport and live entertainment businesses grow profitability.
Our approach combines the revolutionary vision of our Digital Transformation Pyramid with an evolutionary approach.
Many of our team have worked client-side and understand the realities of the day-to-day pressures so we recognise that whilst the
endgame is genuinely transformational, we need to move at their pace.
Our clients have all started their journey with us on different parts of the pyramid but placing short term needs into the context of a broader long-term roadmap enables discussions about “cost” to become discussions about “investment”. Whereas many rush into the “what?” PTI always start with “Why?”
Current PTI Clients include: Arsenal, Everton, London Stadium, Coventry Building Society Arena, Bristol Sport & Ashton Gate Stadium, Premiership Rugby, Six Nations, OakView Group, Ascot and many more.
We have an agile, fast growing digital-age business, with an ever-expanding client base. Our client work fits the same bill: we are building digital-first 365/24 commercial models built on wide-reaching engagement strategies, a smart digital and data ecosystem and a creative approach to commercialising their audiences all year-round.
About the role
- PTI are looking for an ambitious Data & Insight Analyst to support our Consulting team, delivering for our wide ranging client base.
- If you love sport, love live entertainment and love the challenge of helping our clients on a digital-led business transformation journey we want you in our team!
Objectives of the Role
- Working with the Lead Data & Digital Consultant, support the development of PTI’s Data and Digital Maturity Models to roll out across the PTI client base
- Act as lead on the development and maintenance of reporting solutions for PTI clients, using BI tools
- Support the development of business modelling and financial forecasts for PTI clients, turning data into actionable insights
- Where necessary, act as a team member of the client’s internal team on an ad-hoc or extended periods, based on client needs
- Support the Lead Data & Digital Consultant in prospect and discovery meetings through information gathering e.g. client needs, client goals, defining the ‘as is’ state, and aligning to PTI offerings
- Help manage the requirements assessment and initial write up of RFP’s for key PTI clients in relation to their data needs
- Through the use of data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc., Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports and insight to client businesses as well as PTI internally
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities internally and potentially externally for clients
- Support of the Chief Data and Digital Officer, Data & Digital Director, and Lead Data & Digital Consultant in key data (and digital) tender processes for PTI clients
- Help in the delivery of audits, strategy documents and roadmaps for PTI clients – taking some ownership of particular clients or areas of a client’s delivery
- Pro-actively research key data trends in the sports and entertainment verticals (and also other verticals that could cross over)
- Responsibility for the daily management of client data within PTI’s suite of data tools, ensuring data accuracy and security are maintained
- Data driven mindset with the ability to work across multiple clients and multiple technology stacks to support their needs
- Strategic mindset, able to understand the PTI growth strategy
- Proactive planner, prepared to take responsibility, confident in managing upwards and prepared to challenge
- Passionate about the role that data and digital transformation can play in the sports and entertainment world
- Excited by the size of the opportunity to grow internally and embrace the fail fast, learn fast innovation culture of the business
- Ability to work individually where required with excellent communication skills to collaborate with the team via remote working and not be afraid to ask questions
- Ability to build relationships internally and with external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal
- High attention to detail and capacity to give and receive constructive feedback
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in the Sports and Entertainment verticals or a related field, is a preferred, but not required for the right candidate
- Proven analytical and strategic, problem solving and critical thinking skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- The ability to analyse, model and interpret large data sets
- Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques
- Confident working with large and/or unstructured datasets
- The ability to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Ability to analyse existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new concepts and systems
- Innovative and creative thinker able to approach complicated situations in a simple manner
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally
- Full clean driving licence
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 6% Employer Pension Contribution
- Flexible working/working from home
- Phone allowance
- Social Events