Job Type: Full Time
Location: Bristol / London / Nationwide / International
Reporting into: Chief Commercial Officer
PTI Digital are looking for an ambitious commercial strategist as we continue to grow at a rapid pace.
If you love sport, love live entertainment and love the challenge of helping our clients turbo-charge their commercial models, we want you on our team!
Specialists in the sport and entertainment industry, the company’s head office is in the UK whilst we are also expanding into Spain and Australia in 2020 and North America in 2021.
PTI work across a turnkey digital offering; consulting > technology selection > deployment > commercialisation and are strengthening our team to support our growing client base and global expansion plans across this offering.
We work with over 75 clubs and venues across the UK and Ireland, covering 40% of the Premier League, 70% of the EFL Championship and 49/92 professional football clubs in England. We also work with brands and agencies in connecting them to sport through advertising opportunities.
This role aims to create a strategic approach to communicating with key target segments, creating an efficiency in line with PTI’s wider growth strategy. It will be fast-paced, requiring evening and weekend work given the nature of the business.
- Marketing / commercial / consulting background, ideally with experience of working within a sports rightsholder
- Loves sport
- Analytical mindset
- Good people person, ability to build strong relationships
- Quick learner
- Creative problem-solver
- Confident to ask questions (internally and externally) & to challenge
- Digital/data/tech savvy but not necessarily a native
- Tenacious, investigative mindset
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently from home, or as part of a team
- The ability and desire to learn
Objectives of the Role
- To work with the CCO in developing and delivering our Commercial Services offering to sports clubs, leagues and other rightsholders
- To manage the relationship with key clients & be responsible for key deliverables
- To audit clients’ commercial business, benchmark against competitors and best practice
- To develop commercial strategies for clients, in line with their business objectives
- To identify new opportunities, technologies, products and services that would add value to those strategies
- To help our clients put those strategies into action, to measure the results and to be able to adapt them
- To identify and deliver new clients to the PTI business
- To work alongside other PTI Divisions (Venue Technology and Data & Digital Services)
- Initial focus will be in UK but with growth potential in Europe, Australia and North America
- 3-5 years’ experience in the sports and entertainment industry, ideally working within a rightsholder
- Strong written skills, able to communicate key messaging succinctly and powerfully
- Data-driven and highly analytical
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Must be prepared to travel – will require considerable work in the South West to begin with
- 20 days holiday
- 3% Employer Pension Contribution
- Phone allowance
- Flexible Working / Working from home
- Opportunities to attend match days
- Opportunities to travel internationally
TO APPLY EMAIL: LAUREN@PTIDIGITALGROUP.COM